Battery Light came on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tb3375

Reaction score
Battery light came on? New one for me i have a good charge. Is it telling me the battery is going or is it the alternator?

Thank you

alexhozee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As far as I know, the light gives you a signal there is a low voltage from the batterie.
If you got a good charge, around 14V, you're batterie doesn't work that good anymore. Chek the batterie or let it be checked.
I believe at some stores they chek it for free.
You should have some other things not working or the car won't start.

If everything works fine, fuse maybe.

Hope this helps

2blackfordrides

Full Access Members
Reaction score
agreed with alex but u r right on both accounts...... it could be a dead cell in the battery or the alt going..... if u have a autoparts place near u, most will check both for free..... i would start there like alex said..... i think u will find that it is one of those 2......

OP
OP
T

tb3375

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Auto Zone checked it for free and it was the alternator. Looks like it should be a easy change out.

riccoh

Reaction score
I had the same problem, looked at it on the chiltons manual and the recomended solution was to replace the brushes on the alternator, i rather pay 5 dollars for the brushes than 300+ for a complete alternator, just make sure not to loose the spring holding them to the alt.