BCM Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By the way I know what ATC stands for I'm not illiterate I just asked a simple question

Nobody said or implied that you were illiterate and his post wasn't meant to insult He was just providing information to you in case you didn't know what it meant. The members that have replied to your thread are only trying to help you. The best information you will get will be from those members and not from Auto Zone etc.

There are a few members on this site that have FORD FACTORY SERVICE MANUALS and information that is provide to you will come from those manuals

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
David I was not trying to make you feel bad in any way. I was explaining what those letters meant for any of our members that didn't know, including yourself. We get a little silly sometimes, and banter with each other. I have been picked on more than once by various members for giving wrong information, and I've learned a lot from all these guys in the past three years I've been part of the Forum. As I've said to other members that had similar reactions, don't be thin skinned. Were here to help, more so to correct if you were given wrong info on parts names/ procedures. Keep in mind these guys out here know every bolt/nut on these vehicles. Remember our advice on repair is free. Your dealer is going to charge $150.00 an hour, and probably misdiagnose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No worries David. These are not easy vehicles to work on. Some items are not too bad. But the majority of items to fix on these SUVs will make you throw your ratchet across the garage. Unless your real patient, and great with advanced electrical diagnosis, you might have to bite the preverbal bullet, and have a shop fix your issue. You wouldn't be the first to surrender, life's short, and sometimes not worth it. That's what credit cards are for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To troubleshoot the ac system you will need to know what level the system charge is at. The low & high side pressures should be the same once they equalize. It should also be very close to ambient temp.
So when you can borrow or rent a good set of gauges and let us know the pressure.
Another thing to do is run the EATC diagnostics to see if it has any codes stored.

OP
OP
DAVID GATES

DAVID GATES

Reaction score
I do have a set of a/c gauges.yesterday it was 95 when I checked the pressure.25 on the low side and 15 on high side.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do have a set of a/c gauges.yesterday it was 95 when I checked the pressure.25 on the low side and 15 on high side.
That's not right Your low side can't be higher than your high side.

These are pressures for an average 134a system, not necessarily for the Expedition, but this will get you in the ballpark.

134a chart.JPG