Bent Running board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The drivers side running board is bent down. From a accident:gr_guns: that happened a while back. I am looking to try and bend it back, anyone ever try this? I will get pictures later.

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are brackets that bolt to the body underneath and then to the RB. I am not sure I would try to bend it back as it MAY start to rip the bolts out of the body. if the RB is bent DOWNWARD I MAY try to put a board to evenly distribute the weight and use a floor jack and try to lift the truck and it may bend it back or it may not. You also may be able to look locally for one being parted out and get a new RB w/brackets <$50

jstrut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know where in michigan your located but there is someone on craigslist trying top sell the boards and brackets and wiring all included for $100. That may be a good option if you ar unable to bend yours

OP
OP

2001Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
jstrut: I have the xlt version so it is the tube running boards. Thanks for the input though, I'm located in GR.

Jay: It is bent Downwards, a tire went up on the running board and forced it down. I think I am going to try to bend it back up and if it works great, if not I'm taking them off.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
2001, when i bent my nerf bar on the passenger side (I bent mine up from dropping the truck while out 4x4ing, but the same process will work), what I did was unbolted the nerf bar from the truck, taped the nerf bar to an 8 foot 2x4 (multiple laps may be needed) and then I used the truck to drive over the nerf bar. So, you will need to have the hump of the nerf bar be the high point of everything. But, creep up to the bar, slowly get the trucks weight on the bar and it will straighten itself out. From there, you may need a 3 pound hammer to do the final tweaking to get it to look right.

OP
OP

2001Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to try and jack it up and use the weight of the truck to bend it back.