Best Airfilter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to put in a new airfilter soon. I've always used cheap OEM style replacements from AutoZone or AdvanceAuto, but I want to upgrade now.
I'm looking to buy a washable, reuseable filter. I'd love something to help the mpgs and I wouldn't complain about a boost in hp or torque. I'm not looking for a whole intake assemble, I just want a filter. I won't be doing the Gotts mod either. What products do you guys recommend and where is cheapest to buy? Thanks in advance for your responses! :cheers:

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just get a K&N but honestly I dont think its that much of a difference. Although I know that on my police car I put a K&N filter that I stole from a newer pool car and I did notice a deeper growl, other than that, nothing.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would just get a K&N but honestly I dont think its that much of a difference. Although I know that on my police car I put a K&N filter that I stole from a newer pool car and I did notice a deeper growl, other than that, nothing.

CAR?! i thought you were on a bike? your too dam confusing! what ever. but yeah i like my k&n. clogs my maf every now again, so i clean that, and just reoil the filter with lighter use of oil.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CAR?! i thought you were on a bike? your too dam confusing! what ever. but yeah i like my k&n. clogs my maf every now again, so i clean that, and just reoil the filter with lighter use of oil.

I have both a harley and a slick top.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
idk i noticed about 1 mpg city and 1.5 mpg highway from my k&n so i would say ya i did notice a difference but like the panda said just clean ur maf sensor once in awhile but that holds true to cleanable filters and should be done anyway. o and gotts is supper easy and reversable. cant say if it really helped mpgs cause i did new plugs at the same time but after i did both i picked up an easy 1.5 and i drive my poor expy hard i get a minimum of 10.7 at all times. only time it drops is if i go somewhere and my wife stays in the truck while i oick something up inside a store. its over a 100 degrees here daily so i leave the truck runnin when i get back in it says 10.5 or 10.4 but quickly goes back to 10.7

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
panda you notice that he has a car. i find it funny sol (the officer) admitted he stole. :rotflmao:

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to put in a new airfilter soon. I've always used cheap OEM style replacements from AutoZone or AdvanceAuto, but I want to upgrade now.
I'm looking to buy a washable, reuseable filter. I'd love something to help the mpgs and I wouldn't complain about a boost in hp or torque. I'm not looking for a whole intake assemble, I just want a filter. I won't be doing the Gotts mod either. What products do you guys recommend and where is cheapest to buy? Thanks in advance for your responses! :cheers:

I'd vote K&N.. At least you know they're not going away anytime soon.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have to keep them clean though...mine is DIRTY!!! thought i would be able to clean it today...but my lights took forever with grounding issues....