Best quality HID’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N86cm

Reaction score
i have a 2017 expedition limited with projectors looking to upgrade to high quality HID’s... i upgrade my previous 07 expy, but was very dissapointed in the connectors. Looking for brand recommendations.

Thanks
ABN

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
i have a 2017 expedition limited with projectors looking to upgrade to high quality HID’s... i upgrade my previous 07 expy, but was very dissapointed in the connectors. Looking for brand recommendations.

Thanks
ABN
Morimoto or Diode Dynamics are the way to go.

OP
OP
N

N86cm

Reaction score
Great thanks! What color is the factory LED fog lights? 5000k?

Thanks for the help.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
494CEDDA-DE90-4E9A-A794-36E4445A726B.jpeg
Great thanks! What color is the factory LED fog lights? 5000k?

Thanks for the help.
I’d say they are 5000K, but 5000K to 5500K is a good match. I had 5000K bulbs and they were pretty close, my current 4800K ones are more noticeably off. That pic is with 5000K bulbs, but keep in mind I have 50-watt ballasts, which pushes the color temp more to the warm side than 35-watt ballasts do.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have Kensun kits in my wife’s Highlander for about 4 years now and they are great.
Had them in a Sienna for the year I had them with no issues.

VVME kit was put in the Explorer I had 10 years ago and they are still rolling.
Not even sure VVME is still around.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I have Kensun kits in my wife’s Highlander for about 4 years now and they are great.
Had them in a Sienna for the year I had them with no issues.

VVME kit was put in the Explorer I had 10 years ago and they are still rolling.
Not even sure VVME is still around.
You are the only one I've ever seen that got decent life out of Kensun. Normally they are warrantied over and over.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are the only one I've ever seen that got decent life out of Kensun. Normally they are warrantied over and over.

Interesting. A buddy suggested them to me and he has not had any issues either.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Interesting. A buddy suggested them to me and he has not had any issues either.
I'm part of a headlight group on Facebook and they seem to bring nothing but problems for people. A good portion of these people professionally do retrofits and test/use many different brands.

That being said, I'm glad they are working for you and I personally have never had my hands on a set. I'm just forwarding info from sources I consider reliable.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm part of a headlight group on Facebook and they seem to bring nothing but problems for people. A good portion of these people professionally do retrofits and test/use many different brands.

That being said, I'm glad they are working for you and I personally have never had my hands on a set. I'm just forwarding info from sources I consider reliable.

What are they seeing go?
Bulbs or ballasts?

Hopefully you have not jinxed me!