Bi xenon hid problems (sorry if it's been covered)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First of all I apologize if this has been covered a bunch of times but my laptop crashed and I am limited to using my phone... I bought an eBay hi/lo hid kit, the socket that plugs into the Ford 9007 socket was pinned for a9004, I pulled out the wires from the eBay 9004 socket and tried playing with different combinations into the Ford 9007 socket to try to get the 3 wires to match up, ground, hi and lo wires.

I burned the passenger side headlight fuse while playing with the 3 wires, I've read online that most of the time that is the problem with hi lo kits is sometimes the wires don't match up, but I tried a bunch of different combinations none of them seemed to work. Can anyone help me?

I don't think I tried every possible combination but I'm not to sure

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

OP
OP
northernexp

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried last night and gave up but I tried again just alil while ago and it worked!! Im going out to the garage to write it in permanently.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

ks10308

Reaction score
Stay away from cheap ebay kits, I know first hand. I run 4300K on my car now, and I have the F150 reflector style headlights since those are fine and wont blind drivers with 35w HID. never use HIDs with lense style (factory on the 1 gen) headlight since the bulbs dont have a cover on them, best bet is theretrofitsource. thats where i got mine

barigyasi

Reaction score
or you could do a full retrofit with projectors, the difference is amazing!

OP
OP
northernexp

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
jesu7ate.jpg

Hey everybody this pic solved the problem for me I hope it helps anyone else out that is having problems wiring their hid kits

toaste

Reaction score
I am going to try this after work. Last time, I tried grounding the center slot to no avail. Going to move the ground to the left. My first try at this ,Sunday, I positive know I tried every configuration, But stupidly forgot that I might've blown the fuse by then. Didnt find out out the headlights are fused seperately till it got dark and I gave up, putting my stocker back in. Thought I fried the wiring.
Nothing better than finding out it was just a fuse.

OP
OP
northernexp

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to try this after work. Last time, I tried grounding the center slot to no avail. Going to move the ground to the left. My first try at this ,Sunday, I positive know I tried every configuration, But stupidly forgot that I might've blown the fuse by then. Didnt find out out the headlights are fused seperately till it got dark and I gave up, putting my stocker back in. Thought I fried the wiring.
Nothing better than finding out it was just a fuse.

I did the exact same thing when I wired my kit too

toaste

Reaction score
I assumed the center was the ground, but honestly, i had ZERO to go off of. The kit I ordered from ebay, mostly just bc it was cheap and my G35 has Bi-Xenon and I'm sorta trying to bring the Expo up to level of my G. After a 6 week ORDEAL of finally receiving it, I HAD to put it in. No, instructions, Not even a name brand. If it wasnt for this forum, it would still be in the box.
BTW, I ordered 9005, which was still wrong bc I found out I have 9007, but they still shipped a kit that hooks to a 9003 socket. Crazy.