Blackfire "express detail"- and Conditioning the KR Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shortly after buying my Expedition, I found that I could not keep commuting with the bad gas mileage I was finding, on a daily basis. I bought the truck to tow our camper, and for utility, but had been commuting with it. I replaced my previous commuter (97 Grand Prix GT) with an 03 Accord V6 6 Speed Coupe. On the Honda forum I am on, I came in contact with someone very knowledgeable and helpful, on detailing in general. He recommended a process of sealing my Black Accord with Blackfire sealants. Though it would be more effective done with a machine, I did not have one yet, so I did it by hand. I was sold after my Accord looked like this:

Finished_01.jpg

So, as I was doing a Blackfire Rinseless Wash yesterday using the Garry Dean Wash Method on my Accord (it was up to the 50s in Western MA this weekend), I decided to do the rinseless process on my Expy as well, and then two coats of Blackfire Crystal Seal (12 hours apart). I picked up the truck about 6 months ago, and although I had put a few coats of a sealant I found on Amazon on it, I haven't buffed or waxed the car since I bought it. I will be picking up a Griot's Garage buffer in the spring, and hope to have a write-up of the whole Blackfire process, and not just the rinseless and Crystal Seal. Here are the end results of this "quick detail".

Post2CS16_zps7d3411aa.jpg

Post2CS13_zps39c5cd8c.jpg

Post2CS14_zpsc7c43060.jpg

Post2CS15_zps9a741639.jpg

Here some shots of the interior, after a quick conditioning with Leather CPR. Every time I look in my truck, I just can't stop smiling. I love the interior!

Post2CS20_zps28f650ba.jpg

Post2CS17_zps58671c76.jpg

Post2CS18_zpsf625f1fc.jpg

Post2CS19_zpsf961ecb5.jpg

If anyone wants the write-up of the complete Blackfire process I performed on my Accord, let me know. Had I known how addictive this detailing stuff was, I may have steered clear of it months ago. :rofl:

After these pictures were taken, and I parked the truck in its spot, I found transmission fluid all over the driveway. :(. Looks like the factory Transmission Cooler lines are rusty, and one of them leaked through. Always something!

Last edited: