Blew a hole through my block, Whats next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bummy2V

Reaction score
Hey everyone so yesterday I blew a hole through the side of my block lol couldn't believe it as it was running great the day before. Don't know what the cause was as I have oil and it wasn't overheating. Maybe bad oil pump or something. I am trying to figure out what to do next as I'm open to ideas. Either go the cheap route and find a used short/long block and drop it in. Or get a new short/long block and build it a bit and drop it in, or do an engine swap. I do have a semi new 4.6 2v from my mustang gt that I have laying around. It is paired with a 5 speed tranny. Would I be able to drop the engine in the expy without any issues? Or would I have to do some modifications so it could fit? Also what am I looking at cost wise to drop a new engine in as I don't have time to do the work myself because I work so much. Can you guys send me some links that are reliable to buy an engine. Also is there a shop that has built 5.4 2v engines that come with forged internals and so on. Thank you

So I seen the that ford vans never got the 3v engine and stayed with the 2v, would one of those engines be a straight drop in? Also does it come with flex fuel capability and would I be able to use e85 or would I need to swap out my fuel pump. My guess is the engine would come with the fuel rails and Injectors for flex fuel.

Attachments

• 20230604_200619.jpg
    20230604_200619.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bummy2V

Reaction score
I’d drop in a used engine. Same thing. Don’t complicate things. There’s plenty of low mileage ones out there.
That's an option I'm looking at but I don't want to risk the chance of getting a bad engine and have to remove it and pay more.

bodabdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't think of any engine swap that is free of issues/challenges.
I would go back with the same motor, new or used just depends on your budget.
If you're currently running flex fuel, a replacement engine won't care as long as you retain your original fuel system and programming.

If you're wanting to convert to flex fuel, you'll basically need a new fuel system, pcm change/tune, ethanol content sensors, etc.
If you are limited on wrenching time, you would do way better to just buy a flex fuel vehicle rather than try to convert one.

OP
OP
B

Bummy2V

Reaction score
I can't vouch for these guys but I've had them bookmarked in case I need it. https://www.ford54engines.com/
I ended up going with them for a rebuilt engine. Hoping everything turns out good! They have some good reviews on their BBB. So many people having nightmares through Fraser, Jasper, powertrain, etc. Man I hope I get a good engine built by them lol. Spending almost 5k for engine and install.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett