BlueCruise has become unusable......again....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I first got my 22 a year ago and started (trying to) use hands-free BueCruise on the freeway, it would quickly start to give the 'watch the road' warning, even if I was looking absolutely straight ahead. Once that started it would continue, even if I was staring directly at the license plate of the car in front of me, until it would disengage BlueCruise. I brought it in to the dealer and left it overnight; they test drove it and said it worked fine for them, no problems. After that the hands-free BlueCruise [magically] worked fine—until a few weeks ago: now 90% of the time I can't drive for more than a minute or two before it starts the warnings and disengages, completely ignoring that I am looking dead-straight ahead. When it's in that mode I can cancel and resume over and over again, and it's just 'rinse and repeat' the same thing. Maybe 10% of the time it works fine, though. I tried making sure the cameras are clean, but no change.

Anyone else have this problem?

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
Not that issue, but I definitely don't trust it... wanders inside of the lane lines to the point my wife won't let me use it when she and kids are in car. Needs some work. I've found the eye-tracking sensors to work as designed.

Wayfun

Reaction score
My Bluecruise works well on our ‘23 Plat. The only time it loses its mind is when driving in the rain. I assume the rain messes with the cameras and sensors. I recently used it on about 800 mikes of a 950 mile trip.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you wear contacts or glasses? Just kidding but sort of, I don't have it so I can't be of much help but I can only imagine it's buggy.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
polarized vs. non-polarized? There's no way that won't affect a camera's view. I don't know how the systems works or the programming is done, but can seat position/height effect the system? I don't know how it scans say a 6 sqft area in space to find a couple of eye balls.

OP
OP
nationalgallery

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can seat position/height effect the system? I don't know how it scans say a 6 sqft area in space to find a couple of eye balls.
I haven't moved/changed the seat position at all since first getting the truck, and it was working pretty much flawlessly for the past year until a few weeks ago.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65