Body lift install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wait wait wait... you cant off road with a body lift!!!! it wont work!!! :badidea::badidea:

whys it a bad IDEA?????? mines never been a problem. lol.... and before you get into a body lift be sure you have axcess to torches and a welder, you may need them, and this is going to require at least one other person helping, thats where i went wrong. did mine my self, big headache

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
whys it a bad IDEA?????? mines never been a problem. lol.... and before you get into a body lift be sure you have axcess to torches and a welder, you may need them, and this is going to require at least one other person helping, thats where i went wrong. did mine my self, big headache

I was kidding. There was someone on the other forum that said you can't offroad with a body lift cause it's a bad idea. Just ask lane. Me and him were arguing to this guy saying it's not a bad idea and you can do it.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:goofy_batman::lazer::gunner:

:Plugged::nutkick::boti:

:favorites68::boxing::flame:

that guy... hope he doesn't come over here with the idea of BL being bad....

junior73

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Stupid question, but what are the torches and the welder for??

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
torches to heat up the bolts and possibly weld if you have tons of rust... when dgray69 did his bodylift he had to deal with tons of rust issues.... usually you won't need the welder but at least a propane torch to heat the bolts can help

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there are 3 grounding points on my expedition, I used the extentions that came with the kit and had ground issues, so took ginder to them and relocate the brackets, welding is much better contact than the cheezy self tapping screws the kit came with, also had to reweld 2 of the thread donuts that were messed up, really I know what I was doing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgwell521