New lifted shocks and struts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJPS

Reaction score
TLDR: I found a new option for struts and coils, but I'm looking for others to join me on an order so the company can make them faster.....

I'm been severely disappointed with the lack of options for the 3rd Gen Expeditions. Because of Ford's choice of suspension it basically keeps us from lifting or modifying without a new supsension modification. UGH!

I'm quite happy with the 10" of clearance as I don't do a lot of offroading where I need the extra travel, but I tow all sorts of heavy trailers on the daily and it destroys the suspension within months of putting on new struts...... Its happened with both my 2006 Expy and now my 2011.

Another member recommended looking at Dobinsons from "down under". The website has a lot more options than the typical, so I was excited.....however, the Ford Expys coils were unavailable. Luckily I got in touch with Mike over at https://exitoffroad.com/ and pinged him on it. He started out working for Dobinsons in Australia and now he runs a retail shop out of Jacksonville FL. He confirmed that because Dobinsons sell a lot to the Middle East where most of the cars are modified with body armor and bulletproof windows, they produce HD coils and HD struts to account for the extra load! BOOM! OPTIONS! Except......they only make them in limited runs as they aren't that popular. Mike then relayed a story about a guy that purchased a custom set of springs for a Mitsubishi Montero that took 10 months to arrive! UGH again!

So here's my thought......I'm ready to put in an order for the lifted HD front and rear coils and front and rear struts for the 2008-2017 Ford Expedition. The more of us that put in an order the faster the order will arrive because they have to change out all their tooling to make them and for a limited run its just not worth their effort to cut in line of the production. So if we can show them that there is a market for these coils and struts stateside, it will help them to produce the next run sooner!

Anyone interested?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thread where someone got custom springs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire