Body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi. Bumping this thread. Has anybody tried a body lift on a 3rd gen? ...perhaps an F-150 kit adaptation? Can you share the part(s) that you used? I've got a wheel/tire combination that rubs the fender of my 2017 EL a bit. I'm hesitant to do a coil spacer lift as I don't want to lose suspension down-travel.

After installing a body lift on my 3rd gen 4Runner (with suspension lift + 33" tires), I've become a fan of the body lift as it changes the position of the wheels/tires (suspension arc) relative to the body, rather than just pushing them down a few inches in the existing arc/range of motion. This effectively yields tire clearance without affecting down-travel (unless of course, you also do a suspension lift).

Is anybody aware of body lift parts that will fit the 3rd gen EL? I'm only looking to do 1.5" to 2" of body lift. Thanks!

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Body lifts are nothing more than spacers. Make your own or modify purchased ones, buy longer bolts, check clearances on hoses, lines connected to the frame fill tube etc., and adjust what's needed. Shouldn't be too difficult. I did mine with hockey pucks.

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. Do you remember what "gotchas" you ran into? Which hoses were most problematic? How did you extend your steering linkage?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. Do you remember what "gotchas" you ran into? Which hoses were most problematic? How did you extend your steering linkage?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I didn't have any issues other than some of the lines running along the frame. I just removed the retaining clips and rescured the lines. Nothing done to the steering shaft, but I would recommend extending with square tube. I'm at the limit with the gas fill tube with a 2" body lift. Had to remove the bottom half of the fan shroud. Nothing done to hoses. Mine is a first gen so I'm sure you'll run into different issues but anything is possible as long as you carefully observe your setup.