Body mounts.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well the bagged life isnt always the fun and glamorous as it seems... as the pix will show you... so as to fix this i need access to areas between body and frame... the pass side is the worst side

how hard is it to remove mounts and lift body? Any one have to lift the body a little bit or anything along those lines?

I ask cause im trying to get a game plan and stick to it.. thanks

Upper bag mount ripped from frame the bar above also has broken welds. Thats suppose to be the gussets
20170803_181259.jpg
20170803_181324.jpg 20170803_181336.jpg 20170803_181404.jpg 20170803_181413.jpg

ChrisOIFdoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not a difficult job to do. I used my 5 ton floor jack and one of my 100lb dumbells on end when i did my body lift (didn't have any wood in the garage at the time:D). Remove the body bolts in the side you want to lift first, and loosen the other side. Jack one side of the body up a couple of inches first with the jack just under the center door post on the crimp. Place a few boards between the frame and body for support and repeat on the other side and as needed. You should be able to get around 3"-4" of separation between the body and frame to do your repairs. Un-clip any wires or brake lines from the frame that will lift with the body, and keep an eye on your gas fill tube because it will hit the frame at a certain point. I only remember a couple that needed to be un-clipped on the driver side. I can send you a pic of where to lift from and how i did it tomorrow if you need me to.

OP
OP
BaggedExpy

BaggedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweet thanks. Im pretry much done welding now. All i have left to do is reinsrall bags and shocks. Then replumb bags... but when winter hits. I wanna take body off maybe about 12 inches. So i can get in there better and rebend bars to make look better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69