Brake Pedal location.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2 feet driving is not safe. Your brain is conditioned to 1 foot driving. 2 foot driving individuals were taught that at an early age, and it's overly cautious. Ever been behind some bonehead that's doing 40mph, and his brake light is on. I like the fact that my old Eddie Bauer has a wide spacing between gas, and brake. I've got size 16E hoofs, and a few times hit both the brake, and gas at a stop light with my right foot. Couldn't even imagine trying to shoehorn my moose sized body into a Ferrari, or Corvette. Naw, I like the spread between the pedals, and safety wise so should you. You don't want to touch a bumper of the guy/gal in front of you with your 5800 pound baby hippo, because your pedals too close, and you'll be glad you've got those wide splayed pedals.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have size 11 shoes and my shoes fit right in between the pedals if I have dress shoes on for work!

TallCowboy

Reaction score
I have recently noticed this in reverse. I am used to driving my 2014 Expidition around, because my wife does not drive. She has decided, finally, to get her license, so we bought her a 2006 Volkswagen Beetle. When I drive it, my problem is my size 15 feet keep sliding off the left edge of her brake pedal.

The reason why did not occur to me until I read this post.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
German and Italian cars are worse for big feet people like us. Their sports cars, and as such are for spirited driving and braking/shifting. You don't see anyone above 5'11 ever driving one. Big feet individuals don't fit in little cars period. Especially if you are a fan of beer and high carb foods. That's why we drive big ole trucks, and SUVs. Not everyone has a size 34 waist, or wears a size 9d shoe!

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
German and Italian cars are worse for big feet people like us. Their sports cars, and as such are for spirited driving and braking/shifting. You don't see anyone above 5'11 ever driving one. Big feet individuals don't fit in little cars period. Especially if you are a fan of beer and high carb foods. That's why we drive big ole trucks, and SUVs. Not everyone has a size 34 waist, or wears a size 9d shoe!

I have a size 31 waist, don't underestimate us! lol. jk.

I own 11 cars, and I'll be completely honest this brake pedal is the ONLY one thats over this far. My vehicles range from a 1955 Chevy to a 3/4 ton diesel and everything in between! Just weird because I drive so many vehicles n only notice this on this one!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like whoever designed your pedals really dropped the ball. 11 cars, wow! Does DMV send you a calendar and Christmas card every year. You must pay close to $2,000 yearly just to drive them. 3 cars and 1 motorcycle, has been my max.