Brakemotive problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lunchboxlust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hello all i kno that alot of us are running the drilled and slotted rotors from brakemotive76 and i was wondering if anyone else had any problems with them? i have put less that 12000 miles on the kit sense installed, i greased the sliders and i installed it all correctly. For the last week i have noticed that i have been having a hard time stopping and they make noise when depressed. so i removed the tires and found a crack in the rotor. the crack is raised and all the way threw half of the rotor. has anyone had this problem?? i was 100% satisfied with the product until this. i am trying to contact the seller on the issue but i was wondering if any one else had any problems with them and if they resolved it.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope...had mine for 3 yrs...u prob just got that 1% of bad product...g/l

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no problem here yet either. Hope you get your problem resolved

OP
OP
L

lunchboxlust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks. i did a little reading on here and i saw some people complain about the product but i didn't find anyone actually have any problems so i figured id ask. still like the stuff just feel that a rotor should last longer in this situation.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope mine were good even when I traded mine in... and my dads grand cherokee is still going good with them

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have mine on my 2004 EB for a few months now. Not more then a 1000 miles maybe as I don't use the truck everyday. I followed the break in to the letter, they say very important. As a matter of fact I did it a few times as this is what they told me in an email.

Only thing I notice is when I am doing say 75mph, and I brake on the hard side. It seems to shake a slight bit. Maybe it's me, not sure. Barely broken in I guess so i will give it more time.

OP
OP
L

lunchboxlust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well i did get in contact with the vender extremely fast but i had to leave town for work and now that i am back i am 100% positive that i am out of the warranty period so i haven't even contacted them back but im glade that they contacted me back with out fail and were willing to work with me but when i left town i was working 16 hr shifts and living in a camper so i couldn't get the problem resolved. im going to contact them and see if they can give me a deal on one rotor and side of pads. even tho the rotor is crack i have put 1500 miles on it and it hasn't gotten worse but i am very cautious when breaking and i don't tailgate or do more than 60. ill let you know how it works out.

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have heard of cold water shock actually warping rotors but not cracking. This warping was on factory rotors and you know how lean they can be.