Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whos running what? I am getting ready ro upgrade the brakes on my Expeditions. I am looking at doing a brake setup from R1 performance. It will be slotted rotors, with performance ceramic pads, but am looking for any other options.

robl110

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From what I have been told from racing guys slotted rotors are purely for looks unless you go with the super expensive ones. The OEM rotors are better and longer lasting than most of the slotted rotors that are sold.
How many miles did you get out of your OEM stuff?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
powerstop drilled/slotted rotors/pads...brakemotive on ebay...$240 for everything all around

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for brakemotive76 on ebay... mine are almost 2 years old and going strong... also installed them on my fathers 07 grand cherokee and he says they are still great...

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and towing a 17ft boat... yes mine have been amazing.... I believe KWT2000 also has them on his expy as well

100_1498.jpg

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Before you make your decision consider some facts about rotors.
Slotted rotors, prone to cracking, will increase your stopping power but are mainly for looks. Quicker pad wear is also another consideration with slotted rotors.
Cross-drilled rotors are prone to cracking and possible breaking. The only truly safe rotors have been cast with the holes in them, not drilled.

IMO you would do much better by replacing any steel brake lines with stainless, braided hoses and change the brake fluid every 2 years. For longevity and warp resistance I would stay with solid rotors.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
zombie i was going to go with r1. they are based in la mirada ca. here is a link http://www.r1concepts.com/

but went with brakemotive drilled slotted. was 200. but they are made in china. mine had to have a shim put behind one of the pads cuz it wasn't fitting right. went with brakemotiv cuz i was short on money and needed brakes and since they are based in chicago saved me sales tax. had them put on in early december and so far the brakes have worked pretty well.