Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys so I'm getting my truck back out for the summer, been neglecting her since I bought a challenger. So my brakes are extremely bad from driving on 26's, front pads are almost totally gone if not already gone. Does anyone have any experience or tips about replacing them? Doesn't look to be too complicated but any tips would be helpful. I plan on replacing those then bleeding the system if I need to because the pedal has been real spongey since I had a few lines replaced 2 years ago

F1vel66a

Reaction score
If pedal is spongy bleed them. But it isn't complicated it's only like 4 bolts per and if you can use ceramics. Autozone offers a lifetime set for front and rear. They replace for freer when there worn down. Think front and back is like 100 total. Anyways rim. slide through bolts 2 bolts in back behind caliper them it falls off push the piston back in (open bleeder valve since you're bleeding Anyways) install pads. bleed in the order of rr, rl, fr, fl. Farthest from booster to nearest.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lubricate the guides pins/slides, as well as the pistons to make sure you don't get a seized caliper. I recommend brakemotive on ebay as a seller. $205 shipped to your door for cross drilled/slotted rotors, with ceramic pads.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will need a torx drive (no idea the size) to remove the two mounting bolts/slides. Also need a c-clamp to compress the pistons again. I just use the old brake pad to do this. I picked up my ceramics from O'Reilly. I like them a lot.

Spongy pedal can also be a master cylinder. I just did mine about 3 months ago and that helped a lot. I agree though, bleed them first to eliminate the line work from the problem.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its been a year since i did mine but i thought it was a allen head bolt? anyhow thats the only part that through me for a loop.

i have cyro treated power slots on my other truck and one day i'd like to put them on my expedition also.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I could have my names mixed up. Whatever the star pattern is what mine needed. Best thing to do is just take a quick peek with a flashlight to see what style to look for.