Break Light Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EXPOX4

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help....I have a 2007 Expedition..when you hit the break pedal the break lights do not always come on. When you move the pedals forward and back some the lights will start to work and then sometimes not work. Sooo..we have figured it has to be something under the dash with the pedal not wroking right. Does anyone have any experience with this or know what i should replace?

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help....I have a 2007 Expedition..when you hit the break pedal the break lights do not always come on. When you move the pedals forward and back some the lights will start to work and then sometimes not work. Sooo..we have figured it has to be something under the dash with the pedal not wroking right. Does anyone have any experience with this or know what i should replace?

Check the brake light switches first, start pressing them a bunch of times while your friend is watching or check and see if a groung wire is loose or corroded around the area of the pedals.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had a problem where the it ended up being the wiring to the light bulbs where burned some how in the rear...the wired 12-16 inches of new wire to the bulb connector and never had another problem....