Brush guard install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtm80

Reaction score
I am an owner of a 99 EB expedition. I bought a brush guard off a similar body style expedition but I'm not sure the trim level and it was equipped with the front tow hooks so I got those as well with the bolts. My expy wasn't equipped with the front tow hooks so I had to cut holes in the lower valance to access my mounting points.

My issue is when I tried mounting the brush guard, the bolts I got from the other vehicle are too small for the holes that I was using as mounting points on my truck. I didn't drill these holes. They were already there and seemed to be similar to the ones on the other truck I got the guard off. I bought 14mm bolts and those were also too small so I used 16mm and that was too big.

Any ideas on what I can do would be greatly appreciated.

rick5838

Reaction score
Brush Guard

I have a copy of my install directions with bolt list I can send you.
I installed it on my 99 Expedition

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a copy of my install directions with bolt list I can send you.
I installed it on my 99 Expedition

could you send me a copy as well. I also bought a brush gaurd off of Craigslist and it didnt come with mounting brackets. I have been lookig around for one similar to see how the mount up

bowman1268

Reaction score
I hate to dredge up an old post but I have a bull bar I am trying to instal and have the same problems did any of you guys manage to get your mounted?If so A picture or two of where you had to cut holes and how you ended up bolting it on would be a life saver.