Build specs for my particular truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find these?

The window sticker doesn't tell me the rear end ratio, if it has limited slip, a block heater, front plate bracket and stuff like that...

Thanks.

robl110

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Contact the original dealers parts department and give them the vin.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Miekk, if you look on the rear differential, there should be a metal tag on one of the bolts. Look at that tag and you should see something along the lines of "373" or "373LS" or "355", etc. The number is the gear ratio, ie, 373 is 3.73. The LS on the end (if you have it) indicates that it has a limited slip unit installed. Your other option is to look in the driver's door jam and on the build sticker there, you will find something labeled "AXLE" and underneath it a 2 character code. Once you get that code, you can figure out the gear ratio and whether it has a limited slip unit installed. The H codes are limited slip, the L codes are non-limited slip.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Miekk, post your VIN. The window sticker can tell you pretty much everything you need to know.

Matt