Bull Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RenegadeBad_Dog

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP asked for pics of Bull Bars, not piles of *********.

Hunter:
https://www.hunter4x4.com/bull.html

picture.jpg

Lund F150 easily retrofitted:
Stage_3_2017_Flagstaff_Trip_162.jpg

Aries B35-3007-3 Stealth Bull Bar with the skidplate removed:
my_2016_ford_expedition_bull_bar-1.jpg

Vaccar prototype Grill Guardian:
142689_orig.png

The population multipliers have been calling these damage multipliers forever. Its like listening to a vegan explain their diet. Just a little disappointed nobody called out your approach and departure angles getting decreased, reduced MPG. You know, important stuff, up there with how much damage you can avoid while hitting something at 50 MPH.

Since they all mostly mount to the tow hook provisions on the frame rails, F150 bars should work.

The only valid concern I've heard to date is interference with your front parking sensors, if equipped.
Thank you so much for this info. Luckily we have a XLT with out the front parking sensors. I actually like the looks of the second pic with the removable skid plate. I saw that one online not to long ago. As far as the Bull Bar being a damage multiplier I really don't have a concern about it, because more than likely if I get into an accident with this vehicle that is going to cause damage it really doesn't matter what the bull bar does. Damage is damage and that's what insurance is for.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cookieman00x

Reaction score
I had a rear bumper "step" on my last expedition from GO Rhino. I knew that it would not help in an actual accident, I got it for street parking and parking lots. Kept any damage off the rear bumper.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the OP started this thread basically indicating he wanted more protection from a vehicle to vehicle impact. It’s been proven that brushguards don’t offer this. A true steel bumper mounted to the end of the frame rails is going to provide the best protection for your vehicle. In terms of passenger safety that’s a tougher argument since you’re now messing with crumple zones etc. But if the op wants legit body armor, a cheap bull bar ain’t it. If he’s looking for New York City parking defense or like someone said a thicket or brush pusher protection then sure a bull bar would work great. I’ve posted too many pics of my Land Cruiser on here but this is true body armor: 700204898bf1f392953d5393683072cd.jpg05fde6a9cb1ed1e14a76261ca5a79f54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the OP started this thread basically indicating he wanted more protection from a vehicle to vehicle impact. It’s been proven that brushguards don’t offer this.

Before that bumper was installed, you probably had somewhat average or regular number of occurrences of people changing lanes very closely in front of you, pulling out from a side street right into your path when time did not allow them to do so safely, drivers occupying the left lane looking at you thru their rear view, etc?

After this bumper went on, did you not notice a dramatic reduction in above assholiness? If thats not protection from vehicle to vehicle impact, I don't know what is.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol. Good thoughts. If I could afford it, I’d drive a semi truck tractor as my daily driver. Sometimes I wonder who on earth is giving drivers ed courses anymore...do they even teach kids how to drive?

jrc50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow that is some front bumper! Actually my purchase of a 2017 Expedition Limited was due to exactly this controversy of crappy, rude, and generally stupid Interstate drivers, especially between "Spaghetti Junction" in Atlanta and Charlotte, NC on I-85. This mostly two lane interstate offers us views every trip from South Alabama to Charlotte (4-5 times/year to visit family) of sometimes wild accidents (recently a tipped over gasoline tanker with 3 wreckers trying to right it with traffic stopped a mile behind, below a hill!)
Often cut off with barely enough room behind the vehicle in front of me by dolts on their phones to pull in at 75; jumbo tired pickups with Bubbas coming up behind at 90 flashing lights while I am in passing lane going by real slowpokes; drivers of limited intelligence riding my rear bumper at 75-80 with no concept or care of how much distance it takes to avoid a collision at that speed (they even ignore sudden tap of the brakes warning them) or a recent classic of a really flying car with a woman driving squeezing between me (in the passing lane) and the driver I am going by -she had to be doing over 100 and happily we came upon her at next exit with gun drawn cop standing in front of her stopped in the road!)
Really any front end solution would need to be an Untouchables type solution of say carbon fiber snowplow front mounted blade, which would do nothing for gas mileage and probably safety. The physical mass of the Expedition alone at 3 Tons or so along with the equipped safety gear and some decent driving skills will do as much as anything.
Oh, and I did purchase a Dashcam for $75 from B&H Photo in NYC that allows me to offer a video of any front end action in court no matter how shyster a lawyer a bad driver comes up with, that device is great!

OP
OP
RenegadeBad_Dog

RenegadeBad_Dog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow that is some front bumper! Actually my purchase of a 2017 Expedition Limited was due to exactly this controversy of crappy, rude, and generally stupid Interstate drivers, especially between "Spaghetti Junction" in Atlanta and Charlotte, NC on I-85. This mostly two lane interstate offers us views every trip from South Alabama to Charlotte (4-5 times/year to visit family) of sometimes wild accidents (recently a tipped over gasoline tanker with 3 wreckers trying to right it with traffic stopped a mile behind, below a hill!)
Often cut off with barely enough room behind the vehicle in front of me by dolts on their phones to pull in at 75; jumbo tired pickups with Bubbas coming up behind at 90 flashing lights while I am in passing lane going by real slowpokes; drivers of limited intelligence riding my rear bumper at 75-80 with no concept or care of how much distance it takes to avoid a collision at that speed (they even ignore sudden tap of the brakes warning them) or a recent classic of a really flying car with a woman driving squeezing between me (in the passing lane) and the driver I am going by -she had to be doing over 100 and happily we came upon her at next exit with gun drawn cop standing in front of her stopped in the road!)
Really any front end solution would need to be an Untouchables type solution of say carbon fiber snowplow front mounted blade, which would do nothing for gas mileage and probably safety. The physical mass of the Expedition alone at 3 Tons or so along with the equipped safety gear and some decent driving skills will do as much as anything.
Oh, and I did purchase a Dashcam for $75 from B&H Photo in NYC that allows me to offer a video of any front end action in court no matter how shyster a lawyer a bad driver comes up with, that device is great!
I live in south Carolina and we are rebuilding the interstate so it's not fun with the sheer stupidity of drivers. One thing I would like to get for all our vehicles is a dash cam though the things you see is crazy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Knox GSL

Reaction score
Lol. Good thoughts. If I could afford it, I’d drive a semi truck tractor as my daily driver. Sometimes I wonder who on earth is giving drivers ed courses anymore...do they even teach kids how to drive?

A semi tractor is a welcome invitation for this type of driving. I get cut off in my Kenworth a lot more often than my 2 Fords.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I want to walk away from a crash. Who cares about the truck, it's replaceable.

Bull bars (Roo guards in 'Stralia) protect the vehicle. They also increase potential for passenger injury as they prevent the bodywork from crumpling as designed to absorb impact and can prevent airbag deployment. I consider that a valid concern.

-- Chuck