Bummer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried to get the fogs to stay on with the high beams. I'm running (properly aimed) HID's all around. I thought it would be as easy as running a power line form the high beam wire to the power line on the fogs.

Nope!

The computer started doing weird thing with the high beams. Hard to describe. I disconnected everything and will try again if I can figure something out.

Any ideas out there?

OP
OP

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Revert back to the original wiring, visit the forscan section here, buy a $30 obd 2 connector from Amazon, turn on bambi mode. It will work 100%

Are you kidding me? It's this easy? I spent a half a day on Saturday wiring this all up. Can you paste a link 2A Amazon OBD connector that you know works please?

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. That easy. Many of us on here have done this using ForScan. Take some time and search the site and learn about ForScan before making changes to your truck. Here’s a link to the ODB connector I used to get you started.

ScanTool OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional Grade OBD-II Automotive Scan Tool for Windows and Android – DIY Car and Truck Data and Diagnostics https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006NZTZLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PLg4BbC88WVHQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep. That easy. Many of us on here have done this using ForScan. Take some time and search the site and learn about ForScan before making changes to your truck. Here’s a link to the ODB connector I used to get you started.

ScanTool OBDLink MX Bluetooth: Professional Grade OBD-II Automotive Scan Tool for Windows and Android – DIY Car and Truck Data and Diagnostics https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006NZTZLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_PLg4BbC88WVHQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Muddy I just ordered the scanner. I'll check out the Forscan threads to learn how to do it.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score

And that's why you should include your year make and model to your signature, or at the least in your post. I know you already said you order'd but here's a link to the adapter I purchased.

VINT-TT55502 ELM327 USB modified For FOSCAN ELMconfig FOCCCUS HS-CAN / MS-CAN

OP
OP

1111ExpyEL1111

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahurry