Burning Smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YoungKraze

Reaction score
So Today My Co worker Said His 2002 Tahoe Could Beat My 1998 Expo XLT And We Decided To have A Little Street Race (Don't Worry Street Is Completely Empty Supposed hunted) So When My Truck Was at About 75 Mph It Smelled Like Something Was Burning But the truck still Ran Good No Rattling Or Knocking Of any Kind Any Help Figuring out What that smell Was!?

chucks97expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and I dont know about the race but you could have played tug of war and tied your rigs together and drug him down the street lol

OP
OP
Y

YoungKraze

Reaction score
Lol I should Have But We just Raced And I would Say the Smell Was Like Gasoline and Oil I would Say

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your call, I wouldn't. Do you see smoke coming from the engine with the hood up?
Looking for yourself only costs you time. If you don't know what your looking at then a pic is worth a 1000 words. And you can't take too many of them as long as they are from different angles.

Plenty of members here that will help diagnose it for you.

One place to check is the rear of the valve covers. They eak and drop oil onto the exhaust pipes.

RevBBD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, my guess is that was the smell of youthful indiscretion : ) Ah, those were the days…

Seriously though, could have been just about anything given you were pushing a 1998, 5,000 lb beast to its limits. Maybe just burning oil that’s been seeping from a tired old gasket for years.