Buying new Expedition... Still paying MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Convinced my father to actually go to a dealership to see a Grand Wagoneer (not the regular Wagoneer). We really love that vehicle, more than the Ford Platinum actually (we don't plan on paying for the $800 BlueCruise so it will be lane centering only anyways). Also I'm starting to question the reliability of the Ford. We're going to see how much corporate discount we can get through Google, although the salesperson said if we don't have any, they'll give us something like the X-Plan for the vehicle (and the sales guy said he just transferred there from Ford). So I guess negotiations is definitely available now any dealer you go.

Last edited:

sctom1

Reaction score
I believe Ford motor company requires you to currently own Ford stock and have owned it for a certain period of time when you buy a new Ford. How much stock and how long you owned it for I do not know. A year ago I bought 100 shares for like $10 or something, it dropped down to around seven dollars and now it is up to $13. I think it is a halfway decent investment. Plus it will get you the X plan pricing, which is in addition to anything you can get off from the dealer, or at least it used to.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can also join the Mustang Club of America for $30/year to qualify for X-Plan pricing.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe Ford motor company requires you to currently own Ford stock and have owned it for a certain period of time when you buy a new Ford. How much stock and how long you owned it for I do not know. A year ago I bought 100 shares for like $10 or something, it dropped down to around seven dollars and now it is up to $13. I think it is a halfway decent investment. Plus it will get you the X plan pricing, which is in addition to anything you can get off from the dealer, or at least it used to.
This X plan deal no longer exists. They took it away mid-year last year.

blkZ28spt

Reaction score
I like how the car manufacturers are going away from the most important and first safety thing you learned from driving school, mom, dad etc.....and charging a boat load for it

Keep your hands on the wheel. Stop being lazy and drive. Just my opinion.
It's not about that. People, believe it or not, are imperfect.

Nobody, not you, not me, not anybody else, is perfect. Nobody can drive hundreds of thousands/million+ miles in their lifetime doing everything perfectly at all times.

People get tired, they get distracted, they look away for the wrong 2 seconds, they try to input navigation information into the map, change the radio station, the car in front of them breaks suddenly out of nowhere with no brake lights.

Car manufacturers are making cars exponentially safer for driver, occupants, and other people while also making them less taxing and fatiguing to drive. Having to micro manage every inch of being centered in your lane hundreds upon hundreds of miles in a day is totally doable...but you working with a computer is far superior to you alone...and less fatiguing

Last edited:

Skylais

Reaction score
Just got 23 king ranch max in forged metallic Green yesterday! Nice to meet everyone.
I got it 8k below MSRP and 0.9% financing down in the Houston area.

Traded in my 2019 ranger (will miss that truck so much).

Outside of the sticker shock (I got my loaded lariat ranger for 39k), I’m loving it so far.

If anyone has any advice or common issues I should be aware I’m all ears!

OP
OP
CorvetteGuy88

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a '23 Platinum Max- got $8k off MSRP, and $4500 in rebates ($2000 ford financial, $2500 private offer). Also got 0.9% for 36 months, had seen 1.9% advertised by Ford so was really pleasantly surprised by the rate. Truck delivered today, and LOVE the interior over our outgoing '22 Limited lemon. Whoever said the leather quality / seats were worth it, was right.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65