Can’t Believe This Happened

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took the Expy out today but the A/C was blowing warm air. While still going down the driveway I noticed I hadn’t returned the mirrors to operating position. As soon as I moved the mirrors the A/C started blowing cold as ice air. Has anyone else noticed this to be the case in the 4th Gens? I told my wife it’s probably one way to get you to stop and pay attention......so the truck heater will burn you up so you will stop!! So weird I’m gonna try it again tomorrow just to verify it’s a safety thing built in or if it was a freaky one time thing. Thanks folks!!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Weird... if I remember I’ll try this and see if I get the same results.

Do your mirrors not automatically deploy, they are manual?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They can't even make the windshield wipers go down when you shut it off, they surely aren't capable of this! lol

OP
OP
Sgt Darkness

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Weird... if I remember I’ll try this and see if I get the same results.

Do your mirrors not automatically deploy, they are manual?

Hey Artie....when I pull into the garage I hit the close mirror button so I won’t tear the mirrors off pulling in. Then after I leave I have to press the mirror button to have them deploy after leaving the garage. They do close in automatically when I’m out and lock the Expy and deploy when I start it up, except if I close them with the button. Two hours later: we were leaving to see the doc and the A/C worked fine after starting....geez...the Expy had sit for several days so I suppose that was the reason it was blowing warm air. Working fine now. I’m an idiot is all I can say. Thanks for your help guys.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Artie....when I pull into the garage I hit the close mirror button so I won’t tear the mirrors off pulling in. Then after I leave I have to press the mirror button to have them deploy after leaving the garage. They do close in automatically when I’m out and lock the Expy and deploy when I start it up, except if I close them with the button. Two hours later: we were leaving to see the doc and the A/C worked fine after starting....geez...the Expy had sit for several days so I suppose that was the reason it was blowing warm air. Working fine now. I’m an idiot is all I can say. Thanks for your help guys.
Thanks for the update. I actually closed mine today to test this out so I wasn't doubting the coincidence. With so much electronics on these things the weird stuff doesn’t surprise me.