can a 3rd gen 4wd be lowered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limited'08

Reaction score
I'm thinking of redoing my truck and since i can't go any higher, I'm thinking of going low this time around. I'm also looking to go back to regaining some of my lost mpgs with stock or smaller tires unless someone knows how i can regain them with the bigger mts i have. Any help?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what size tires do u have now and yes u can drop it...how low are u looking to go and basic mpg mods are intake (aftermarket or gotts mod) exhaust...programmer is where u will get the most because u change the ecu settings...pulleys...e-fan...its an SUV...heavy SUV and no matter how much u compare it to others on the market in comparison its only going to get better by so much....no 30 mpg out of them in the city...the best will be in the 20s for hwy and high teens for city...

then u have to take into account ur driving style...are u heavy on the gas pedal...do u have a lot of lights for stop/go traffic...the things other than the truck also play a part of the equation

OP
OP
L

Limited'08

Reaction score
I'm driving on 33s now but will be going down in size if i can lower my truck. I want to go low, not sure how low but low for sure. I know i drive an SUV and it doesn't hurt to want to get more MPGs out of it. With 33s I'm getting about 12 mpgs and would really like to achive high teens and even better if i can actually reach 20 mpgs. I don't think I'm asking for a lot but again am not sure i can achieve what I'm looking for. I'm not an aggressive driver with a lead foot. I'll let folks pass me by, what do i care. It's those idiots always in a rush that find their final resting place sooner than later. I like the way your truck sits 6K, very nice. Is your truck a 2x or 4x?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT