Can anyone find this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My shop changed my tranny fluid a bit back and I decided to check the level today, they didn’t put enough in (of course) and this cheap ****** dipstick broke and fordparts new website absolute sucks more than anything. You can search any part number and it yields no correct results..... for anything. Ford says PA66 as printed on the dipstick does not exist in their system?? What’s the real part number? Probably going to buy 5 of them with how cheaply the plastic is made. So sick of Fords garbage engineering on their transmissions it’s insanity.
F98DC31D-04CD-4D67-8EF1-28A2EFFA7466.jpeg

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, see what you mean. When you key in that number you gave, dorman comes up, but its a long dipstick like first edition sticks. If you have a friend with a lathe, you could machine one, or buy a few from Ford while their still available.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, see what you mean. When you key in that number you gave, dorman comes up, but its a long dipstick like first edition sticks. If you have a friend with a lathe, you could machine one, or buy a few from Ford while their still available.

I found one new thank god. It’s absolute insanity ford doesn’t sell a part they used up until 2017!!! All the 6R75&80 use this. had to buy from an outside company.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is crazy, might want to find a second one just in case, can't be more than $ 20.00 to $30.00.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
6L2Z7A010C is the Ford part number, about $10 at TASKA, Lakeland, etc. $13 Amazon.

Numbers that appear on a part are not always the 'part numbers'. PA66 is a polyamide 6/6 - its a super common industrial nylon plastic with incredible chemical, mechanical wear, and heat resistance. Its the opposite of what you describe as cheap plastic and exactly what should be used in a transmission. Those stupid cheap Ford engineers must have got lucky, right?

I have a couple .22 rifles and by far my favorite long rifle is my 50+ year old Remington Nylon 66 Apache. Black & chrome. You'd hate it because its made of PA66. Weighs about 4 pounds. Perfect for popping holes in possums, squirrels, and especially old Chevy trucks.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6L2Z7A010C is the Ford part number, about $10 at TASKA, Lakeland, etc. $13 Amazon.

Numbers that appear on a part are not always the 'part numbers'. PA66 is a polyamide 6/6 - its a super common industrial nylon plastic with incredible chemical, mechanical wear, and heat resistance. Its the opposite of what you describe as cheap plastic and exactly what should be used in a transmission. Those stupid cheap Ford engineers must have got lucky, right?

I have a couple .22 rifles and by far my favorite long rifle is my 50+ year old Remington Nylon 66 Apache. Black & chrome. You'd hate it because its made of PA66. Weighs about 4 pounds. Perfect for popping holes in possums, squirrels, and especially old Chevy trucks.

No, what should be used is a metal dipstick that extends from the engine bay to the transmission. These plastic dipsticks get brittle with age and heat. Plastic degrades over time with heat and chemicals, much faster than steel or aluminum.

Freightshaker

Reaction score
My shop changed my tranny fluid a bit back and I decided to check the level today, they didn’t put enough in (of course) and this cheap ****** dipstick broke and fordparts new website absolute sucks more than anything. You can search any part number and it yields no correct results..... for anything. Ford says PA66 as printed on the dipstick does not exist in their system?? What’s the real part number? Probably going to buy 5 of them with how cheaply the plastic is made. So sick of Fords garbage engineering on their transmissions it’s insanity.
View attachment 23673

Numbers on parts are generally casting numbers, not the actual part number.
I believe this is the part number that you're seeking
6L2Z-7A010-C you can even find it on Amazon, Ebay etc

Last edited: