Can I do a torsion twist on my 1997 2WD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angels

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the screws so that I can do a torsion twist. I really want to do it so I can raise the front end about 2", as my expy is unlevel. It's either a torsion twist or spend $40 on front spacers. I looked and cannot find the torsion adjustment screws. I've read that you can do a torsion twist on 2wd, 4wd, and AWD Explorers; is it the same for Expeditions?

I have coil springs in the front if that matters.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, you can't do a torsion twist.
The first generation 2wds have coil springs up front; the 4x4s have torsion bars instead.
Maybe you can put in a coil spacer up front, though.

OP
OP
A

Angels

Reaction score
No, you can't do a torsion twist.
The first generation 2wds have coil springs up front; the 4x4s have torsion bars instead.
Maybe you can put in a coil spacer up front, though.

Thanks for the info! Guess I'll be saving up some money for the coil spacers.

Just to make sure about the spacers though; I can't find any specifically for Expeditions, but I can find tons for F150's. Those will fit if I match the year, right? Since F150's and Expeditions are pretty much the same thing :)

OP
OP
A

Angels

Reaction score
Haha yeah I figured out the real site.

Before I contact them, how much do you think the spacers would be? I mean I can get 1" ones for $40, but then the 1 1/2" ones go up to $120? Why so much for two pieces of plastic?

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
opps my bad, sorry left out garage, been crazy last week, cant think straight trying to get this truck together, still lots of broken crap here, dam off roading, im going back to mall crawling with walnuts