Can someone please help or any suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amileo

Reaction score
Hi my 04 ford expedition 4X4 makes road noise like loud tire noise when traveling high speed and especially when turning the wheel to the right at high speed, I had both the wheel bearings replaced and still have the same problem... Any suggestions?

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
run your hand over the treads, they should all feel fairly smooth across the face, if it feels bumpy or raised in one spot it could be an indicator of your problem. assuming you do not have an aggressive tire.

ericnyce

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. I've discovered that the seal where the rear axle meets the diff is gone. I'm guessing that the loss in fluid is making the noise? haha. I'm going to check more into it but theres a TSB on this (TSB 06-22-5)...hoping i don't have to get the whole thing rebuilt as it says in the other TSB (TSB 05-23-3)
One is a 1hr job the other is 5hrs. I have a 03 Expy

dgna5

Reaction score
Drive Shaft Resonance ?? Bad Pinion Seal/Bearings Bad X-Fer Case Shaft Seal/Bearings Bad U-Joints, Can U move the drive shaft in any way shouldn't move side to side, Stupid Question but is there Fluid in Diff and Transfercase?
Sounds like Either a Cupped Tire like a Dip in tread or the opposite a Lump in Tread.