Can to add to the factory DVD system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cop on my back

Reaction score
I just bought a used 08 Limited, loaded. I want to know if you can add a couple of headrest monitors and tie them into the factory overhead DVD system?

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure that it can be done. I would look around and see if there are AV plugs from the factory system. If so, then it can absolutely be done.

OP
OP
C

cop on my back

Reaction score
I don't have the vehicle yet, will be picking it up on Saturday. So I don't know exatly what the factory set up has in the way of options for other montitors. I suppose if it didn't have anything on it, I could pull it appart and tap into an existing harness.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's anything like the '06 unit, you'll have to tap into the output wires. It's not going to be easy to find diagrams for it though. You will most likely have to test the wires in the bundle going to the screen from the DVD player, and all those wires are yellow...about 10 18-gauge wires I think. I gave up trying to determine which ones needed to be tapped.