Candy paint on the rear lights..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 2012 Dodge Charger... His brother inlaw owns a paint shop and he recently painted the rear tail lights of his car with a "candy" coat paint. You know the paint that they mix to make the candy pearl finish? It took his tail light covers from factory bright red to a darkened black/maroon color. The thing is when the brakes are pressed they are clear as day. I would have thought the paint would have covered up the visibility of the tail lights but you can see them clearly in daylight. Anyone heard of this yet? I have a black Expy and am seriously considering this since my tail lights stick out like a sore thumb. They are not totally dark but just enough to still see the red hugh through the coating.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hear of it with candy? no...but theres nothing wrong with thinking outside the box...i've seen tail lights painted...looks good...and spraying candy sounds like a great idea

brockncole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My buddy did that on his motorcycle put the back light (turn signals brake light, and tail light) under ther rear fender.... looks awesom can't even tell it is there till it gets turned on. he has a green bike now and you would never know that it was painted over when it is on. that being said you would never know there is a light there when it is off. I will see if I can get a picture.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
both of you see if you can get pics...this sounds like a great idea for my truck too...trying to be different at these car shows

brockncole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is what it looks like with no lights on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 521

03expyMG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've seen this done before. When I was Florida I saw this at a few shows out there. Ppl are candy redding the tail lights. I think it looks amazing. Found these pics online

51981ad27160964a33548c9b30bf9352.jpg

ed5158690b08122f9e0c71cfeee6a6a2.jpg

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the 2nd pic...

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3) National Member

OP
OP
J

jered22

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The pic of the Mustang is what my buddies looks like. it is subtle but takes the bright red look out. I am sold gonna have to do it now along with have him paint my front chrome grill to match the vehicle body color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69