captain second row to bench seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llhoneymoons

Reaction score
I have a black middle seat if you want to buy it for really cheap. I installed captains chairs and built a raised floor, so didn't bother with the middle. Everything above is correct, btw: holes in floor are pre-drilled and threaded, and arms of captains seats are easily removable, but yes, would leave a little hole in the leather. Easily patched I'm sure.

Can we see what you did (i.e. raised floor)?

Plati

Reaction score
Can we see what you did (i.e. raised floor)?
Not the original poster, but I took all seats out except for the one shown and built up an entire platform. My camping vehicle ... 9 foot long place to sleep with storage under. Took out the stock tray (a lot of wasted space) & raised it up about 4" at rear gives me a lot of extra space for tools and emergency supplies in the rear compartment. Its all bolted down using the threaded holes from seats. 11" under at front, I slide milk crates in from left & right for storage units which also contribute to support.
IMG_0320.JPG

Last edited:

HighSierra49er

Reaction score
I wanted to add a center console to my existing factory option buckets. Ford did not offer this in the Exp, but it was available on the Navigator. Purchased the Nav. console and the Ford chassis had everything in place, ready to bolt the console down. It might just have been that the console is designed to utilize the center seat bolt down positions, but the chassis is definitely set-up for any and all seating and console configurations. Less than a ten minute job for me to install the console.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
Not the original poster, but I took all seats out except for the one shown and built up an entire platform. My camping vehicle ... 9 foot long place to sleep with storage under. Took out the stock tray (a lot of wasted space) & raised it up about 4" at rear gives me a lot of extra space for tools and emergency supplies in the rear compartment. Its all bolted down using the threaded holes from seats. 11" under at front, I slide milk crates in from left & right for storage units which also contribute to support.
View attachment 22867

Very interesting! And nicely done.

I do wish these trucks had cargo tie-downs. Your platform would allow one way to add those.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
I wanted to add a center console to my existing factory option buckets. Ford did not offer this in the Exp, but it was available on the Navigator. Purchased the Nav. console and the Ford chassis had everything in place, ready to bolt the console down. It might just have been that the console is designed to utilize the center seat bolt down positions, but the chassis is definitely set-up for any and all seating and console configurations. Less than a ten minute job for me to install the console.

Would love to see some pics of this. Do you remember the cost of the navi console?

tacoduck

Reaction score
I have a tan center seat I removed from an 2017 limited. Make me an offer.