Carbon fiber interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyBoyd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally finished the console on the inside of the truck. I still need to do the door rests on all four doors, but so far it looks good. Also the trim parts around the shifter and the cup holder were much more challenging to take off then I thought. I tried to paint those first because the chrome was stripping off and cracking, but the paint was leaving fingerprints in it, so I decided to plastidip them and I realized that it works out the best. It actually matches the shifter portion in the console and the black of the cup holders really well!

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• console.jpg
    console.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 574
  • console 2.jpg
    console 2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 585
  • console 3.jpg
    console 3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 870
  • console 4.jpg
    console 4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 551

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks great. Now you got me thinking. How much did you get?

OP
OP
FlyBoyd

FlyBoyd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That looks great. Now you got me thinking. How much did you get?

For the interior I got the 48 x 48 sheet of the gloss black. For my exterior I had to get the large sheet to go the length of the roof racks.

It wasn't cheap, but I tell you that not a single person that has seen it, didn't think it wasn't actual carbon fiber. I HIGHLY recommend getting the 3m 94 primer to go with it. It helps with the seal and will keep it from peeling. I have also used the primer on the chrome expedition emblems before I plasti-dip'd them. I have washed my truck since then and the plasti-dip will not come off.

I tell you, I am a huge fan of carbon fiber and have scoffed at some of the vinyls out there, but this stuff looks and feels great.

Expypate

Reaction score
Looks great! One of the main reasons I bought a limted Expy was for the black finished wood on the dash. That's a great mod!

OP
OP
FlyBoyd

FlyBoyd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great! One of the main reasons I bought a limted Expy was for the black finished wood on the dash. That's a great mod!

So does the 2012 come with black wood? (so to speak) I haven't seen that. The reason I did this mod is I don't like wood trim, unless it's in a Bentley and it's REAL wood.

Expypate

Reaction score
Yes....they call it olive ash black wood trim. It's a much darker black then the pics in their literature shows. It almost looks gray in the 2012 lit.

Expypate

Reaction score
2012_Ford_Expedition_Limited_EL__2.png