Catalytic Converter Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a check engine light on and my rears have been deleted for over 2 years

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like I said, all of my catalytic converters are behind my 02 sensor, not in the middle. So therefore, if I plan on eliminating my rear two cats, it WILL throw a check engine light.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
weird must have changed them around since me, KWT2000 and soldier777 have done the rear delete without a problem

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My O2's are ,2 in the front of all cats and two behaind the Cats, I'm sure this is the way all Expys are setup. The rears monitor if the cats are working properly.
My exhaust shop guy has done numerous rear deletes and high flow cats and says he never gets a light on. He guarantee it.

gemcityx

Reaction score
i have a 99' expedition and my 02 sensors and catalytic converters are bad, instead of replacing them can i just run straight pipes and get better performance?
when i drive it, it putters and very annoying!
will the straight pipes make it run better?

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a 99' expedition and my 02 sensors and catalytic converters are bad, instead of replacing them can i just run straight pipes and get better performance?
when i drive it, it putters and very annoying!
will the straight pipes make it run better?

How do know your Cats are bad ?? Are you getting o2 sensor code ?