Ceiling A/C Vent Keeps Shutting - Third Row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I couldn't find this anywhere, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a trick to keep the third row AC vent open? My daughter's vent blows closed any time the fan is above about the 4 setting. The louvers are loose and catch the air and blow closed. Obviously that's the opposite of what you want on a hot day.

Anyone deal with this and know of some trick? I was thinking a little bit of electrical tape or something, I have no idea. Any help appreciated.

kbrocaille

Reaction score
I have the same issue in my 2021. I had the dealership take a look at it. They have ordered a new set of covers. We compared the 2021 to the 2023 and the newer models seem to be tighter so they don't have the issue. I'm still waiting for a call back from the dealership to have the new ones installed. I'll let you know if this fixes the issue.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't noticed that on ours, they seem to be pretty tight, at least right now. You could put a small piece of foam/sponge material in between the louvers to prevent them from turning. Wouldn't damage anything I can think of. I haven't tried it to confirm it would do the trick but I think it would.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Luckily we haven't had this issue in or Exped nor my Explorer.
Out Flex on the ot her hand, could blow all 4 shot with the rears on high. Annoying on a hot day, and quite noisy when they're shut.

bigboi66

Reaction score
2020 max here and have the same issue. They are definitely loose and just flop all around when driving and hitting any bumps. Anyone have a solution or know of replacing the vents will fix this for a non returning issue?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BSarchet

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Vents are extremely easy to replace. They just twist and come out like an IKEA cam lock. They are less than $20 online. Dealer price was $50. I got mine covered by warranty.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If all else fails you could always use a tiny bit of silicone caulk, spread it on the joints with a toothpick or small applicator. That's how I fixed my Excursion vents flopping around.

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You might try a spring clip and push it up to the side (spring clip for keeping papers togeather )

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65