Champion vs. Motorcraft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was told 2 things to stay OEM on...plugs/oil filter

hovocop

Full Access Members
Reaction score
always go motorcraft.............. bought bosch +4 platinim, and mechanic advised to get motorcraft instead

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only issues I have heard from using the Motorcraft plugs is the breakage issue when removing them. While most have seen no problems with using Champion, E3, Bosch, etc, these are the ones you see having intermittant problems with rough idle/misfire due to bad plugs. I have always heard using OEM plugs is your best bet, and I just bought a set to install this weekend. Wish me luck!!

eddiemoney

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only issues I have heard from using the Motorcraft plugs is the breakage issue when removing them. While most have seen no problems with using Champion, E3, Bosch, etc, these are the ones you see having intermittant problems with rough idle/misfire due to bad plugs. I have always heard using OEM plugs is your best bet, and I just bought a set to install this weekend. Wish me luck!!

Good luck indeed. If you get the chance and have the space I always like to soak the plugs overnight with PB Blaster...just a little extra help

Last edited: