Chasing the issue on the front end!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WolfHunter984

Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg Evening Folks!
Let's start with the fun stuff! I own a 2000 AWD Built by Regency (bunch of luxury crap added to the car basically) and Ive run into one of the first mechanical issues I've had since I bought the car in January of 2013.

There's something that feels like it's sticking in the front end. I can feel under my feet it when I accelerate between 30-45 MPH then it seems to go away. I replaced the caliper and rotor on the drivers side since they looked like total crap in the hopes that would POTENTIALLY solve the problem. No luck there!

There's no play in the hub at all; still feels super tight and the same goes for the CV on both sides.

My initial thought is the vacuum actuators for the AWD system. While its selectable and the 4x4 works as it should I'm not too sure I can rule that out just yet. I did eliminate the rear airbag system since it sucks too!

My ULTIMATE fear is its the spider gears in the front axle...I haven't pulled the differential cover off to check that YET since it's a pain in the ass to check something that likely isn't damaged.

Just curious if y'all have any insights as to what I can check other than pulling the differential cover.
Nate

Fila571

Reaction score
Just a thought. The flexible brake lines on front of these trucks , collapse with age, on the inside , causing a one way check valve , not allowing pressure to release . Thus a dragging brake on one side. Good luck.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A truck of that size and the fact that you could feel it under your feet would suggest that its coming from something near the floor board. Have the transmission checked.