Cheap way out for 2” coil spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have found that the earlier model of Grand Cherokee and the first generation Tjs shock coil spacers will fit the rear on the coil mount and coil of Expeditions. They are only about ¾” But can be stacked So you will need 6 to 8 of them.
For everyone that has a pick and pull junk yard you can get them cheap and a lot of the times will find a jeep without the front axle so no work to get them...The junk yard near me only charged $5 for 8 of them.
As for stacking and to be on the safe side I will be welding on a 3” to 4” steel pipe in the middle of the coil mount to slide the spacers over so three is no chance of it slipping even though the spacer slides in to the one above. The you have the advantage of being able to dialing the rear with 3/4” adjustments.

Last edited:

jeff1998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Really?? A pair of 2" coil spacers are $50. and they are made to fit without mods. I am all about saving some cash but I choose the safe way.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah 2" for $50 or 3" for $70 thats pertty cheap any way you look at it... you want to stay safe expy's are not lite trucks.. so i would not do the way your lookin at

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
seems like a good idea but with these things being so heavy most likely not. i still need to buy me 3" blocks.

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the hammer on this one!!! lol

Intent was no money spent...

I dont think im going this way, reason being... experience I have had with my jeeps and not liking the fact nothing is holding the rear springs on the axle of the Expedition.
Im sure you guys know...The Jeep's with coils have a shaft with a bump stops at the bottom that the coils and spacers slide over about a foot in length from the top of the coil seat. I have myself done and seen, sure you might have too that at times at full articulation or flex the coils are off the mounts by inchs at times. The only thing putting the spring back in the spot it should be in is that shaft.

I like crawling over stuff, holes gaps, nothing big but hard enough if you dont know the lines your stuck.
Im going to build and weld on a spacer about 2”high for the coil mount on the axle. After 35s are on im going to compress the rear to the point of rub the determine a height for a bump some and weld one within the coil on top of the spacer. Then remove the frame bump stop.
Since its IFS I got to be able to get as much flex as I can out of the rear..... xjflex4.jpg

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Earth!!! Im Maryland and thats about 30 miles south of Baltimore. A place call Coke-Cola of course off of Coke-Cola Dr. Its something like 30 to 40 acres that was cleared out years ago for warehouse's to be put in. I dont know for a fact but heard that some underground feature was there and it couldn't be built on. Its illegal to Wheel in Maryland but there for years DNR wouldnt do anything about it if you where not back in there drinking or being reckless. Closed and fenced in now due to someone drunk and wild dude on a 4wheeler doing 60 on a old road in there that slammed it a jeep........a parked jeep and he didnt make it.

The spot I was at in the photo was caused but water run off. Great spot to play without worries of ripping anything of the bottom rig. It is hard packed sand.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like those areas. have a lot here in the desert. funn places. look up truck haven hills on youtube. same kind of stuff. just dirt instead of sand. wish these tanks we drive can make it up and down but thats why we know people with jeeps. haha