check engine codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason_CPAPS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So i've replace coils and plugs. Still not running worth a crap. I have a code for EGR vac sel i forget the numbers than a p1401 for pressure feedback sensor. then code p0357 which refers to num 7 coil. I also have an oil light on and no oil pressure nor is the temp gauge working. No knocks so I have oil pressure. My question is what are the chances in both egr items being bad. Or do I have wiring issues

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the 1401 code is probably the dpfe sensor the p0357 is probably a coil. I doubt it is the pcm.

OP
OP
J

Jason_CPAPS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
coils were just replaced. have 2 miles on them. The 1401 does point to DPFE sensor butu there is another code dont remember the number but it was for the EGR vacuum silinoid. I also have a oil light and no oil pressure showing but no knocking as well as temp gauge not working. Thus the reason I was leaning toward pcm and or wiring

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DPFE'S are a known problem but I would ck all the hoses and wiring to both the solenoid and the sensor. If you have a diag tool that will read out the sensor readings you can tell which more easily. The coils can go bad at any time even brand new sorry.

OP
OP
J

Jason_CPAPS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah no issue with the coil being bad i'll just pop a new one in. Again the reason for thinking wiring is because of the temp gauge and oil pressure gauge not working as well. Any idea what i'd be looking for on the readings?

flyin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you think problems are related pick the easier (most simple) of the 2 to diag. Then just focus on the one circuit.

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can test the oil press by disconnecting wire at sender and grounding it- the guage should go to normal IF it stays at the bottom then either the wires or guage is bad ; if it does go to normal then the sender is bad.
the temp guage gets it signal from the pcm [what year is your expy?] so that is harder to test.