chips/programmers/tuners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

green monster

Reaction score
Sniper Special Forces and Green03 custom tune.
WOW !!!!!
Just put it on my 03 Expy last night. Unbelievable pickup and tight transmission shifting. If Ford built their trucks this way. There would be no reason anyone would want something else. And this is on Green03 regular (87 octane) tune.
Can't wait to try the 93 octane tune.
Will be towing my trailer this weekend and will let you know how that works out.
BTW, I had a diablosport predator tuner, no comparison. This Expy rocks.
And I think it would keep up with my Crown Vic Police Interceptor 0 to 60 and its over 2000#'s heavier.......

Thanks again Green03.

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll definitely looking to get some tuning done by Green once I get my basic engine work done. I've heard nothing but great reviews of it.

Probably won't be for awhile since I am currently not working and spending most of my time partying or at football. And I still have to get some body work done from my uncle.

Breezyjr

Reaction score
the problem with the SCT, according to my installer is that the SCT requires Dyno tuning, and he says there wasn't a dyno close to him. But, I haven't talked to him in a few days, since I was out of town for a week. I'm guessing he either got with Diablo or he just footed the bill for the SCT and the DYNO.

Wish me luck..

Breezyjr

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Breezy....
Make sure if the kit included different (bigger) injectors that the truck isn't driven one bit without reprogramming the PCM. I have seen the cataylitic converters ruined in less than a mile when someone put bigger injectors on without re-tuning.....
Matt R

Breezyjr

Reaction score
Still looking for a programmer.
According to my installer, the SCT requires Dyno tuning, and he doesn't have access to one nearby.

Does anyone know another programmer that may work..
Called Diablo, and since April they've been saying, "a couple weeks" which is exactly what they told my guy. So, no luck there.. although, you'd think they'd have a beta my now.....

Really getting desperate, so really could use your help, quick.

Thanks,
Breezyjr

lowflyingbird

Reaction score
I have a Lightning setup ontop of my 1999 Expedition. I have it running now with its orig MAF and 19lb. injectors. I installed a FMU to temporarily get me around safely. I have a gauge,and I DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT PUSHING IT INTO BOOST,YET> I have the Lightning MAF and 42lb. injectors coming soon. The blower only has the Harley SC pulley on it for 6psi. I was asking around doing my homework about a tuner/flasher or somewhere to have a custom tune done for me. After chatting with quite a few out there, it seems that the Sniper Special forces is the way to go. One tuner that swears by them has used it on Harley naturally aspired trucks who's owners added on the 6psi. Lightning super charger setup just as I have. He claims that its 99% there right out of the Special forces and that he rarely (upon customer request) tunes further, with a 6psi. setup.
Lowflyingbird

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1