Cleaned the engine bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I did mine with soap and brush. Just cleaned the dust off top of everything. Power washer is asking for trouble. Water and electrical do not mix. "can of worms".

OP
OP
U

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did mine with soap and brush. Just cleaned the dust off top of everything. Power washer is asking for trouble. Water and electrical do not mix. "can of worms".
Pressure washer uses less water then using just a hose and if your somewhat carefull not to fully blast your electronics then your fine, especially after blowing all the water out with a blower of some kind of forced air. The metro air force blaster is made exactly for this type of application. I've reserched this technique which many professional detailers are using and I've never had a problem on any of my vehicles. If the pressure washer makes you nervous then just use a gentle stream from a garden hose. Remember it will be much more difficult to remove all your cleaning product from all those areas using just a regular hose.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
U

uscgmac

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great.
Maybe paint the hood prop to finish the look.
Hood prop?? I think your referring to the tire Jack crank. We don't have a hood prop, only the two strut arms on the side of the hood.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk