Clutch fan inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
started the expy after work today to pre cool it while I did paperwork after work. walked back and it was still 110f and I happened to hear the ac clutch kick in. I have an ac bypass switch to disable my ac since it doesn't kick out on WOT and this switch has a light, it is wired in series to the high pressure switch with an led. this led was out and came back on a minute or so later then I thought to check the fan. it was turning maybe 10% of the shaft speed and the temps according to torque were at 225f. everything came back to normal when I started driving and the ac leveled out at 48f vent temp after 20 mins at max ac and max fan. fan spins easily by hand with truck off.

Anyone here had to replace the clutch assy yet? what brand did you use.

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a clutch replacement in my fan initially. I couldn't find a standard duty fan clutch and noticed when it was hot or from take off it sounded like a jet engine. I got annoyed with it and switched to a dual electric setup from a Windstar. It pretty much bolts right up. I have one fan on a sensor and the other on a manual switch for emergency.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have noticed mine is a jet quite often but mellows out quickly after every stop. If I get tired of it I'll likely do an efan swap as well, at least now I know how she's supposed to perform hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk