Code p0140 and p0147

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex0r

Reaction score
I think I have the right codes, I am getting them on my 97 expedition, 5.4l. 02 sensors bank 1 and bank 2 running lean. It also says if both codes are triggered, suspect MAF.

I replaced the maf with a used replacement that was known to work prior. Still throws the CEL. I have no performance issues (No rough idle, no sputtering, etc).

I already replaced the pcv valve and hose/elbow with a new oem hose, so that's not the problem. I can't hear any hisses, but that doesn't mean it's not a small leak somewhere if anything.

Anyone know any other common solutions to this problem?

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I checked the Ford manual it does not list p0140 and p0147 as possible codes, are you sure that was the codes? lean codes are usually vacuum leaks ck the pcv hose to the intake behind th e throttle body for a leak. with the eng running reach back and touch around it and you will hear it if it is leaking. there is a post about this on the forum, asticky I believe.

DevonD

Reaction score
If your vehicle has a EGR Pressure Feedback sensor...check the two rubber hoses that connect to the sensor. I had this problem with my 03 Expi. On my 5.4 engine I had to take the cover off of the top of the engine and the EGR Pressure Sensor is on the drivers side towards the top. The rubber hoses get extremely hot so be careful not to burn yourself if your engine is warm. I had to take the hoses off to see the crack in the one, but they just pull off so not a big deal. I bought the high temp hose at ford for $10/ft. Easy fix! Here is a link of what the EGR Pressure Feedback sensor looks like. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wc...//2268/large/18480982_bwd_egr155_pri_larg.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker