Coil SumoSprings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBaganATX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That helps!

I'm going to order some tomorrow, hope I can get them faster than the rear sway bar I ordered in January.. [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
083168141ed8fd90707341a4137470ed.jpg

Put the Sumo coils spacers in tonight. I was worried with the 3/2 lift the springs would not open enough. But no problems. Left the tires on and used a board to push against the tire and pop them in. Super easy. Took me about 1 hour that includes dropping one and putting it in without checking if I put the deep grove in the bottom and had to take it back out and flip it. Took it for a drive and I can’t tell much difference with the CCD’s. Big test will be what my squat is with the boat on this summer.

hopefully you didnt work on it like that!!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hopefully you didnt work on it like that!!

Yes, just like that with jack stands of course. People said you need to take the tires off. I did it with them on. Wasn’t bad at all. Just an FYI, there is no place on the Expy that you would have as much surface area contact with the jack pad as I have in this picture.

OP
OP
Randy Schmidt

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, just like that with jack stands of course. People said you need to take the tires off. I did it with them on. Wasn’t bad at all. Just an FYI, there is no place on the Expy that you would have as much surface area contact with the jack pad as I have in this picture.

I've had that same hitch before. It rattled like crazy so I sent it back. Does your rattle?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had that same hitch before. It rattled like crazy so I sent it back. Does your rattle?

It was not loose in my 16’ F-150. It’s real sloppy and rattles in my Expy. I emailed them about it and they immediately responded not to leave it in the receiver for it will wear and suggested shim tape. They even sent me a link to the tape thy recommended. I am going to order a new shank and see if it rattles. With the light duty Expy and F-150 I put up with it to know I am good on the tongue weight.

OP
OP
Randy Schmidt

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was not loose in my 16’ F-150. It’s real sloppy and rattles in my Expy. I emailed them about it and they immediately responded not to leave it in the receiver for it will wear and suggested shim tape. They even sent me a link to the tape thy recommended. I am going to order a new shank and see if it rattles. With the light duty Expy and F-150 I put up with it to know I am good on the tongue weight.

Thanks... I thought that I was going crazy. Surprised you would need shim tape though...

Reaction score
I just installed them. I took the wheels off. It takes longer to take the wheel off than put the sumospring on. Still needs a little lube, but it goes in easy.

I need a set for my rear, but I have a 2wd vs 4wd and the sumosprings website says they are for 4wd only. Can anyone confirm or deny that they will fit on a 2wd model?

Reaction score
Update: I talked with the guys at SumoSprings. They said if I technically I should be able to fit the 4WD version (CSS-1195) if I remove the spring. I didn't want to go thru that trouble, so they suggested a slightly shorter version (CSS-1168). I won't get as much support as the bigger ones, but I also don't have to remove the spring from the strut. Once I get them installed, I'll report back on how they feel.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
D
Update: I talked with the guys at SumoSprings. They said if I technically I should be able to fit the 4WD version (CSS-1195) if I remove the spring. I didn't want to go thru that trouble, so they suggested a slightly shorter version (CSS-1168). I won't get as much support as the bigger ones, but I also don't have to remove the spring from the strut. Once I get them installed, I'll report back on how they feel.

From what I could tell, the 4wd’s use the same rear spring as the 2wd’s. I think the only difference in rear spring is the tow vs non-tow. You may want to quiz them a little more. They could just be guessing.