Coolant Leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morningLumber

Reaction score
Hey y’all! Inherited this 1999 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4 from my grandpa and slowly learning how to work on it.

I discovered this leak and I’m not sure if it’s coolant or not. It drips slowly right after firing the car up but after a couple minutes it stops leaking entirely. Any and all thoughts are appreciated!

IMG_0449.jpeg

Billme

Reaction score
It’s probably latent heat condensation.. Mine comes out the tailpipe.. You just have a leak before it makes it to the outlet..

RonB1964

Reaction score
Ditto on condensation from exhaust. Here is some advise on leaks. If you park on smooth concrete, or have a drip pan underneath, observe the color, the odor and the texture of the fluid. Is it clear and looks like water? Likely condensation from exhaust (in your case) or if from another location is either water from ac condenser. If you know what the fluids look, smell and feel like for each subsystem and where they are located, it makes it much easier to root cause. Hope this may help and may God bless you.

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey y’all! Inherited this 1999 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4 from my grandpa and slowly learning how to work on it.

I discovered this leak and I’m not sure if it’s coolant or not. It drips slowly right after firing the car up but after a couple minutes it stops leaking entirely. Any and all thoughts are appreciated!

View attachment 80104
yes, it's clearly condensation in the exhaust. perfectly normal. Is this the only problem?