Cooling fan runs constantly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dominator197

Reaction score
My expedition recently threw a belt when a family member was driving it. When I inspected it the only obvious damage was the electrical connection that goes to the cooling fan clutch along with shreds of the belt throughout the engine compartment. All pulleys and tensioner seemed to be o. Nothing seized up or loose. I couldn't find anywhere that sold the connector so I replaced the whole fan clutch.

After getting the new fan clutch and new serpentine belt on I have 2 problems:
1. The cooling fan runs constantly. From the time you turn the motor on until you shut it off.

2. The AC clutch doesn't engage. So the air blows hard out of the vents but it's not cold.

Are these problems related? I've read a little bit about the IRCM as a possible culprit. M

Thanks for any help.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
!st Welcome to the forum

2nd it is very important to know the year model and any other information to help you

3rd You should post this in the section that is related to your problem ie: heat and cooing or electrical

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site...tell us a bit out yourself and truck...new member check-in

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
It shredded the belt for a reason, check all the pulleys for wobbles, the idler pulleys are the usual suspects. Make sure your AC pulley spins freely and it's not seizing up.

My Fan clutch stays on 100% of the time though this doesn't bother me as I rather have it on all the time than off all the time.

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"I rather have it on all the time" True but use less gas with it working properly which i am sure you already know an this is why id like to do a daul electric fan swap to mine gain a few hp and save a tad on gas