couple ?,s from non mechanic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aka rotten

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 expidition 4.6,owned it for bout 3 months now,runs great but check engine light came on 2 days back but nothing seems amiss with engine.Any work that will be done will be done by mechanic,but i,m wanting to kinda know what to expect.
Is this engine one that has problems with plugs ,also does this engine have cops on ea. plug ? This is 1 owner vehicle and have every paper since new on service from next town over.Thats where i,m going to take it.Thanks,Paul

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to advance auto or autozone... or similar store and they will read the code for you... once you have the code post it up here and we can help.... could be as simple as the gas cap was loose.... but get code read... most stores will do it for free... I know autozone does...

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Rotten, +2 on getting the codes read. There are a lot of codes that will trigger the CEL but not affect the driveability. Give us the code(s) and we will be able to tell you more about what is potentially wrong than you can think of.