Courtesy Lights Don't work - Need help finding the problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MavrickMA

Reaction score
Originally posted by ELVATO
Hmm... that is weird. So they come on when the door is opened and when you unlock, right.

As far as I remember, there's three contacts to a switch light. My guess is a ground, a positive when the door is open, and a positive that's always on (this goes to the switch part.)

So I guess the constant on one isn't working.

You are exactly correct, at least according to my test light. I checked the fuse and it works, and I checked what I'm assuming is the wire for the circuit coming out of the fuse box and it works too! So I'm guessing there's a cut in the wire somewhere, or something like that. But with the amount of wire that is in this truck, how the heck am I supposed to find it?

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got a wiring book at home that I *might* be able to scan. The problem is figuring out exactly where the harness goes.

OP
OP
M

MavrickMA

Reaction score
Originally posted by MadTxn
I've got a wiring book at home that I *might* be able to scan. The problem is figuring out exactly where the harness goes.

Hey, if you can figure it out and send it to me, that'd be fantastic! Stealership wanted $400 to diagnose the issue!

OP
OP
M

MavrickMA

Reaction score
Anybody else out there got any ideas? Maybe someone from Ford that's on this forum or somebody knows somebody from Ford?

Thanks!

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK...I JUST POSTED...OPPS:D caps.......anyway....i looked in ALLDATA at work and there a rpo relay box under the dash above passenger airbag

i cant get my dome light and running boards to light when door opens

my door markers lights work fine....nothing installed but a radio

location is there....but doesnt look like it...theres a box there but not messing with it just yet...

i pulled one out from a 00 expedition yesterday....theres one relay there,only 1.....according to ALLDATA....theres suppose to be same as 97....a rpo box with fuses and relays.....i dont see it...bet mine has only 1 switch or relay to....:confused: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire