cup holder in center console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wittom

Reaction score
Wierd question, I know. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I drink a lot of coffee. I've virtually quit smoking, so instead of having a cigarette while driving, I'll sip a coffee the whole ride.

Problem is, the cup holders in the center console are way too big for all of the travel mugs that we have. I kind of drive "spiritedly" and there is a tendancy for the mug to tip. It's fairily easy to clean the coffee, but an inconvience.

Doesn't anyone else have this issue with the cup holders? Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks.

(ps) I'd like to add, that I've installed custom programming from my Xcalibrator 2, and it's a huge improvement over the stock programming. Just thought I'd pass that on to others who drive "spiritedly".:D

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first thing that comes to mind is get a bigger cup, or one with a wider bottom.

Or, at Walmart, I think they have these little adjustable cup holders.

Don't know if you are using it, but maybe try using one of those "travel" mugs, with a top on and everything. They are usually made to fit exactly in a cup holder.

OP
OP
W

wittom

Reaction score
Originally posted by ELVATO
Don't know if you are using it, but maybe try using one of those "travel" mugs, with a top on and everything. They are usually made to fit exactly in a cup holder.

Yea. That's what I use for my coffee. A travel mug with the lid. We have a whole bunch of them. They are pretty much standard 12oz. travel mugs that you find at the convience store or other places as a promotional thing.

Every vehicle I've had has accepted these "standard" type travel mugs. I'm not so sure why the cup holders in the center console are so big.

I guess I'll check around for a solution. I just thought that someone else might have already addressed this issue. Maybe I'm the only one who drinks coffee while driving their Expedition?

Thanks.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, 12 oz cans fit really good in there. That, and those 23.5 oz 99 cent Arizona cans fit really nice.

Go to Auto zone or Advanced. I just saw the little adjustable cupholders at Advanced. Didn't check the price, but they can't be more than 10 bucks.

OP
OP
W

wittom

Reaction score
Thanks ELVATO.

I believe that you have helped me solve the problem. When you said that a 12oz. can fit, I knew we were talkig about something different. I just went and looked at interior pics. My Expedition is missing the black plastic insert that holds the beverage containers in place. I'd never seen one in there so I didn't know that it exsisted.

Now all I have to do is go to the dealer and see if they can get me one.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wittom
Thanks ELVATO.

I believe that you have helped me solve the problem. When you said that a 12oz. can fit, I knew we were talkig about something different. I just went and looked at interior pics. My Expedition is missing the black plastic insert that holds the beverage containers in place. I'd never seen one in there so I didn't know that it exsisted.

Now all I have to do is go to the dealer and see if they can get me one.

LOL, and I was going to ask you if it was there, but I just assumed it was there. Sometimes the best fixes are the easiest :)

OP
OP
W

wittom

Reaction score
Ok. So I've solved my problem.

197 hits? Why are you all checking this thread out?

Just curious.

Also, I would like to get responses to my threads.

Care to elaborate?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I know why there is a high number in "views." Don't know if you experience this, but everytime you open up a page in this forum, it seems to "flash" once. Bascically, it finishes loading the page, then reloads it (rather annoying if you ask me.) Since it reloads again, it counts the views as two. So, probably only half the views are "legit."

Anyways, back on topic. Glad you got your problem fixed :)

OP
OP
W

wittom

Reaction score
It's amazing what a couple rubber bits can do.

I thought my dealership would order me the rubber inserts but when I went to the dealership my salesman snuck around and took a couple from an '05 they had on the lot.

I'm happy. I drove all the way home and my coffee cup was stationary the whole time. It obviously doesn't take much for me to be happy.:D

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, told you :) Very snug things. Never had anything tip over with me driving...and that is a feat :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nameisbry