Custom 03-06 Headlamp LED Halos!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll buy the headlamps from you...are you doing black or just chrome?

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
man that front end is SEXY!!!!! i need to bring you my truck and just let you have at it!!!!!!!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
man thats nice. i might do the front end conversion like this... see attachment. then get you to do some lights like that for me. those leds seem almost bright enough to drive with.

Attachments

• ttsidebyside02.jpg
    ttsidebyside02.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 141
OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are pretty bright. I'll use them once in a while at dusk but I really just did them for effect at shows to draw attention to the truck, plus the fact that right now this is the only set in existence.

As far as the F150 conversion is concerned, just be aware that the mounting brackets that are welded to the frame are different on the F150 and you'll have to replace those as well. In the setup I chose to run I am using a F150 lower bumper as a bumper reinforcement. So I have to cut off the old 99 bumper brackets and weld on new ones off an 07 F150. I haven't gotten that far yet with my build so I don't know what other issues I will run into.

Bow Down

Reaction score
I PMed 402 about the headlights and how much. WOW!!! You guys better ask how much he wants for them.

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I PMed 402 about the headlights and how much. WOW!!! You guys better ask how much he wants for them.

It cost to be the Boss.......my man.

Seriously we're a high quality shop doing high end custom builds. I didn't design these for mass resale. I wanted my truck to be unique and I didn't want any of the crappy Ebay lamps so I built my own. If I sell one set here and there then thats fine. If I sell none thats fine too. I realize the economy isn't all that great but if you want your truck to stand out amongst the rest then my lamps will certainly do that for you.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure on what prices we are talking about, but I do know that projector retrofits are rather pricey (300-400 and up). A lot of the cost comes from the projectors.

Not sure if what you quoted Bow Down was a projector retrofit, or just the LEDs, though.

Bow Down

Reaction score
Well I asked him how much for the LEDS headlight with the black bezel and he told me $750. To me, as he has a body shop he gets the headlights at cost and then adds the LEDS. I'm not trying to disrepect him or his shop. Looks like he does some sick work. But for a set of headlights for $750 is too rich for my blood. Thats 2 months of truck payments for me. But if I had the money I would get them.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I asked him how much for the LEDS headlight with the black bezel and he told me $750. To me, as he has a body shop he gets the headlights at cost and then adds the LEDS. I'm not trying to disrepect him or his shop. Looks like he does some sick work. But for a set of headlights for $750 is too rich for my blood. Thats 2 months of truck payments for me. But if I had the money I would get them.

I would imagine most of that is labor. Everything that has to be done to the lamps and housing is time consuming. For a custom piece like that, that isn't out of line. If it was mass produced like some of the junk on ebay, it would be much cheaper ...and look the part.